Why Your Website Needs to be Mobile Friendly AND Responsive
Did you know that in the first quarter of 2021 54.8% of global website traffic was generated by mobile users? If you haven’t already embraced the mobile-friendly revolution, in this article our Grass Valley website design company will explore the difference between a mobile-friendly and a responsive website. We will also explain why you should move your current site over to a responsive design.
Why are Mobile-Friendly and Responsive Designs Different?
Although these two terms are often used interchangeably, the sites that they refer to are different, and here’s why.
- Mobile-friendly site – The code is designed to shrink an exact copy of a website as it appears on a desktop computer so that it fits into the more limited space of a mobile device. However, this tends to lead to a poor user experience when the user tries to navigate around the site.
- Responsive site – The site is designed to restructure content so that it can be displayed across all devices in an easy-to-read and aesthetically pleasing format. It allows the user to navigate the site with ease. Here are just three reasons why you need a responsive website.
- Today’s Mobile Customers Expect a User Friendly Experience – If a user visits your mobile website and discovers a poor layout, they are not likely to stick around. In fact, one study found that 52% of online users are less likely to engage with a company if they have had a bad mobile experience with that company.
- Your Mobile Design Affects Your Rankings – Google will give priority to websites with a mobile-friendly design. Google also indicated that they have a preference for responsive websites over sites having both desktop and mobile versions. There has even been speculation that Google will eventually move over to a mobile-only indexing model.
- Gain an Advantage Over Your Competition – Having a responsive design when your competitors don’t, gives you an edge. You have a better chance of your competitors’ visitors moving over to your site and becoming your paying customers. It may be time to consider some Grass Valley web design.
Update Your Website with Grass Valley Web Design
Search engines will continue to make changes. New and different mobile devices are always making an appearance, and the size of cellphone screens does not stay constant. Looking to the future, it just makes sense to use a responsive website structure that can more easily take such innovations in its stride. If you want assistance in designing a responsive website, talk to us at 49er Online Marketing. We are Grass Valley website designers, and we want your website to be as mobile-friendly and responsive as possible.Posted , in Uncategorized by kowebsites